Have a question you don't see below? Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.
- How many guests can sail on the boat?
- Where do we pick up and drop off?
- Is there an age restriction?
- Are pets allowed?
- What are the general rules for the cruise?
- What's the deal with tips?
- What is your refund policy?
How many guests can sail on the boat?
The Calypso can accommodate up to 6 guests.
Where do we pick up and drop off?
Our base of operations for most cruises is the Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club.
However, all of our cruises are customizable, and we have the option to pick up and drop off at many locations. We can accommodate many other pick up location requests depending on the tide depth and location.
Is there an age restriction?
No! Sailors and Non-Sailors alike, from young to young at heart, will enjoy sailing with us.
We do not offer different rates for different ages. Each person counts towards the United States Coast Guard (USGC) limit of six guests allowed on board.
Children under 12 years of age must wear approved USCG life vest at all times. We have both children and adult life vests on board.
If you would like a more quiet, adult-only, sailing cruise, we would recommend you book our private sailing cruise.
While sailing can be physical demanding, we offer our best to accommodate everyone with ease. However, we are somewhat restricted by dockage locations, and guests with limited mobility may find it challenging during boarding and debarkation.
Are pets allowed?
Dogs need a vacation too! We welcome small, well-trained dogs and cats on our private sailing cruises only. However, guests will be responsible for any and all damages, and of course, cleaning up after. Also we ask that you keep your pet with you above deck at all times, to keep them from becoming sea sick.
What are the general rules for the cruise?
We know that nobody likes a lot of rules when on vacation, however, in the interest of safety, some things to keep in mind are:
- The Captain is ultimately in charge of vessel and passenger’s safety.
- No BYOB (Alcohol), unless previous approved by owners or captain.
- A toilet use briefing will be given. If damaged during charter, guest will be charged for any repairs.
- No over-the-side swimming or jumping from the vessel at any time.
- We are a drug-free vessel.
- No open flames, including No Smoking, is allowed on board.
- Children under 12 years of age must wear an approved USCG life vest at all times.
What's the deal with tips?
Just like in a restaurant, a tip is not mandatory. It is customary in the charter industry to tip the captain and first mate. A tip is a great way to show appreciation for the quality of service you were provided and charter etiquette is between 10-20% of the total cost of the charter.
What is your refund policy?
All ticket sales are final. Ticket vouchers may be issues under the following circumstances:
- If the captain determines the weather to be unacceptable/unsafe to complete the charter.
- Once the charter has started, there will be no refunds. In case of weather, the option to reschedule may be offered.
- At the discretion of Punta Gorda Sailing, LLC.
We understand life happens. We will do our best to accommodate you when you notify us more than (7) days before the scheduled sailing charter. We can offer to reschedule your charter at a later date. We will issue a voucher that can be used up to 12 months from the original scheduled charter date.